There are many versions of chicken salad, but this combination is one of my favorites! If you like to enjoy flavors, colors, and textures besides just taste, this will be sure to please you. Instead of serving it on a regular sandwich bun or slice of bread, try it on a croissant or a slice of party rye bread. Healthier yet, serve it in lettuce leaf “boats” or on top of a bed of mixed greens!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1–12.5oz can premium white chunk chicken breast
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup real mayonnaise (use ½ cup for creamier salad)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 of a small honeycrisp apple, diced into small pieces (feel free to use your favorite apple—for example, granny smith’s apples for a tarter taste)
Drain the water/juice off the chicken and then empty chicken into a small bowl. Take a fork and break up the chunks of chicken a little. Add the mayonnaise, cranberries, pecans, and apples. Stir well.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use. You can serve the chicken salad on a regular sandwich bun, slice of bread, a croissant, a slice of party rye, in lettuce boats or on a bed of mixed greens. Refrigerate any leftovers if there is any! LOL!